Saturday 11 April 2020

When life gives you a shocking surprise

I thought that I was ready for this
But when it comes to a complete stop
I didn't know what to react
I still have many things to be completed

I wanted to have lunch and dinner with so many people
My classmates, my roommates, my assignment group, my family group,
The musical group, the drum group,
And spend some nights looking at stars
Some more nights chit chatting with the girl who helped to carry my luggage when we first met
A special morning watching the sunrise alone outside the hall I had my exams
A few more days mingling in the college while others are busy studying for biology
An afternoon to say thank you to my lecturers
A real goodbye when others haven't finished their papers
A confess to somebody

I knew it was going to happen
But knowing it was the truth is a little bit hard
Despite praying hard for this to cancel
But now I know I couldn't accept it so soon

I hope I was given more time at the college
My room, my bed, my table, my cupboard
My friends, my sisters, my brothers, my lecturers, my crush
Saying goodbye too soon
And not knowing when is the next hello

In someone's opinion
Matrics students are blissful to not have their final exam
For me
It was.
It is heartbreaking to be apart without saying goodbye.

Sometimes soon means soon, but sometimes soon means never.
May we see others soon
The soon will be real soon, not never.

No comments:

Post a Comment